I needed a serious chat with myself and with God yesterday. As I have entered into the trap of exposing myself to rejection. The still fear brewing inside of me which at first appeared to be an harmless feeling which quickly escalated to a fear that keeps growing with confidence.
While it stands valiantly in the Valley screaming and taunting me of the slave mentally it will confide me to once it has prevailed. I shudder with fear and I could do no other than to just stand and listen and receive the onslaught of my thoughts to my character. It once again has arrived to take victory over me as so many times before.
I somehow do not want to accept the fear that is staring me down. As I come face to face with this fear full of pride and arrogance it becomes evident that I have but a few options, one option to dig deeper and persist and another to once again step away to avoid the possibility of hurt. I have asked God to protect me from any pain. But the reality is, is that I am experiencing the pre rejection pains already. I do trust in God but the damaging relations I have on my relationship portfolio to be honest is less than impressive. But my fear is rejection. And I am facing that Giant in the Valley.
It’s in a moment like this that I have to come back to my post. The word of God then jumps out at me and grabs me and it’s the voice of Isaiah that came to me on the first occasion and with memory I recalled this verse.
When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.Isaiah 59:19
and on the second occation the following word from the Holy Bible to assist me with my upcoming victory, which I might add belongs to the Lord.
Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.
So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” 1 Kings 19
What am I doing! What a question! Guess not much would the answer be. The answer also might contain that I am just living in fear. God reminds me that I need to fight the good fight of Faith! I shall see the enemy no more!
Today I speak to that fear, this unwelcome stronghold. And As David asked Israel, I am asking myself.
IS THERE NOT A CAUSE?!
I face this giant and hand him over to my God and speak the word of God over my life! The Cause is God’s reputation in my life.
When I base my identity upon what the Word of God has to say about me, I will become virtually rejection-proof. I can become immune from the wounds of rejection as long as I am not basing my identity upon what that person thinks of me.
Rejection and rising above rejection is all about identity and what you base your identity upon.
So what exactly does God’s Word tell us about who we are in Christ?
- Because of God’s great love for us, we are adopted into His family [1 John 3:1], and made joint heirs with Christ [Romans 8:17]
- We are made to sit in heavenly places (of authority over all demons, sickness, etc.) with Christ [Ephesians 2:6]
- We are blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ [Ephesians 1:3]
- We are the righteousness of Christ through faith, thus being made right before God [Romans 3:22]
- We are entitled to a clean conscience before God because of the Blood and can have full assurance of faith when we go before Him [Hebrews 10:22]
- Our sins have been removed from us as far as the east is from the west [Psalms 103:12], and God Himself has chosen not to remember our failures [Hebrews 8:12]
- We are loved with the same love that the Father has for Jesus Himself! [John 17:23]